Yesterday's Super Bowl was the perfect time to flex your skills in the kitchen and put creative, healthy twists on classic Game Day faves. Guacamole is already one of our favorite food
items groups, so we added an extra dose of leafy greens to make it even better.
This recipe is not only perfect for Game Day gatherings but can become a daily staple. Try it on top of Sprouted Ezekial Bread with sliced tomato, a dip for carrots + celery, or even as a creamy topping to spaghetti squash.
What You'll Need:
- 4- 5 ripe, soft avocados
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5-6 kale leaves, stem removed & chopped (We prefer using Dinosaur or Lacinto kale)
- 1-2 jalepenos, de-seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup of cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Add avocado, tomato, onion, garlic, jalepeno + cilantro to a bowl. Mash and mix until avocado is smooth and all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Add in kale and juice of the lime. Mix
- Lastly - add preferred spices (we like them all!) Mix thoroughly and serve immediately!