Easy Baking // GF Banana Coconut Bread
Packed with fiber and potassium bananas are a quick and easy go to when we are on the run or for a nutrient packed post workout snack. Of course there are those times you go and reach for one just to find brown mush in its place BUT fear no more. Overripe bananas getting tossed in the garbage are officially a thing of the past. Enter: Banana bread (or muffins, whichever floats your boat). Read on for this delicious 10 minute recipe! What You'll Need:
1 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill gluten-free all purpose flour
3-4 very ripe bananas
2 TBSP coconut oil
3 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup almond milk
1/2 or 1 cup GF oats (optional)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup organic cane sugar
1/2 cup coconut flakes (+ 1/4 cup for topping)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl (flour, sugar, oats & baking powder)
2. Mash bananas into a separate bowl until fairly smooth but still slightly chunky. Another easy way to do this is to pulse 2-3 times in a blender.
3. Whisk egg in a small side bowl.
4. Add egg, banana, almond milk, vanilla, coconut oil to a bowl and whisk. Add to dry ingredients & stir until smooth.
5. Lastly add in coconut flakes, walnuts + cinnamon. Fold into the batter.
6. Pour into a lined load pan + bake at 350 degrees for about an hour.
7. Let cool. Toss extra coconut flakes on top + serve!
Pro Tip: We love this bread in the morning (especially weekends) with almond butter, cinnamon + raisins on top!