Snacking 101 // How-to construct the perfect snack jar
Say goodbye to that 3PM slump or those post lunch sugar cravings & say hello to one of our favorite, healthy snacks. We've broken down our ideal snack jar for you so that you can do less thinking, and more munching. Pair this with your favorite green juice and breeze through your afternoon feeling energized, clear headed & ready to take on the day! What To Include:
- Cashews - High in copper and a great source of monounsaturated fats, which are essential for our body to absorb vitamins A, D, E, and K as well as produce fatty acids that are vital for brain development.
- Almonds- Contain riboflavin and L-carnitine, which have been shown to increase brain activity
- Unsweetened Coconut flakes- Medium-chain fatty acids help to increase energy and boost metabolism
- Raisins- Like their plumper version, grapes, raisins contain resveratrol, an anti-oxidant which has anti-inflammatory and blood cholesterol lowering properties.
- Pepitas- High in Vitamin E, copper, manganese, and complex-B vitamins
- Sunflower Seeds- Great source of calcium, iron, manganese, zinc, magnesium, selenium
- Dark Chocolate - Full of free radical fighting antioxidants, dark chocolate is one of our favorite superfoods. Cacao has also proven to be anti-inflammatory as well as anti-stress - something we all might need come 3PM on a Monday.
- Other notable additions: Goji berries, dates, brazil nuts, unsweetened banana chips, or dried fruit.