Southwest Veggie Quinoa Burger
A perfect addition to any BBQ, our Southwest Veggie Quinoa burger shines in the midst of hamburgers and hotdogs (plus, its way better for you!). Filled with veggies, spices & our all time favorite protein-filled gluten-free grain, we pair this 'burger' with a creamy lime and chili guacamole on a bed of arugula. Get the recipe below! Ingredients:
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 jalepenos, chopped
1 cup black beans
1 egg (optional)
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp cayenne
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt & pepper
- Cook quinoa according to instructions. Fluff when finished & set aside.
- Sautee onion, garlic, and bell pepper in a pan for 3-4 minutes (We used EVOO but coconut oil or ghee could also work!)
- In another bowl, smash the black beans into almost a paste
- Add black beans, sautéed vegetables, jalepenos, salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder and cayenne to the quinoa. If you'd like to use an egg, this is where you'd add it.
- Mix all ingredients together and begin molding small patties
- Add a touch of EVOO to a pan and place patties on the pan. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side until browned and firm.
- For the guac- mash 2 avocados, add chili powder, dash of salt & the juice of 1 lime
- Serve patties over a bed of arugula, top with guacamole & a touch of our favorite YellowBird Habanero Hot Sauce for some heat!