Currently Crushing On...
As a self-proclaimed product (of all kinds) junkie, I am usually trying new things almost daily. A new smoothie powder here, a new face mask there - you put it in front of me, Ill give it a shot. Of course, Ive had my share of things that just did not work for me, but currently I'm crushing on a few items that are making me feel AMAZING. Below is a rundown of what I'm currently obsessing over.
1. Workout: Lagree Studio - I popped into my local Lagree studio about a month ago and I have been hooked ever since. They use a megaformer (it looks scary but trust me, it does amazing things for your body) and the class is only 45 minutes - the perfect amount of time in my opinion. Im not a big fan of running or cardio in general and Lagree has been an incredible low-impact, full-body workout that still gets my heart rate up. The moves are HARD and you'll be sore after the first 1-2 times but its worth it. I've been going 2-3x a week since I first started and have no intention of stopping anytime soon. Stay tuned for a fun JS x Lagree pop up coming soon to ATX!
2. Vitamins: GOOP Wellness: A few weeks ago I got an email from GOOP introducing their newest vitamin line and was instantly drawn to it. Their wellness sector is divided into 4 categories: Why Am I So Offing Tired, HighSchool Genes, Balls In The Air, and Mother Load - all working to address the needs of women in their day to day. I instantly gravitated towards "Why Am I So Effing Tired" as I feel this is something I struggle with no matter how many workouts, green juices or supplements Im taking. The vitamins come in small daily packets which make them ideal to bring along when traveling (something thats thrown me off course in the past). Its been two weeks since Ive started taking them and Ive been loving the experience. I definitely feel an extra pep in my step and as someone who hasn't taken actual vitamins (in pill form) in over a year, its nice to have an easy addition to my morning regime that I don't have to think much about. So long are the days of mixing and matching your vitamins!
3. Mindfulness: Simple Habit - I found this APP a few months ago and it has changed how I approach meditation. Initially, I thought meditation had to be something I was doing at home, in a quiet place, with candles lit in my "sacred space." Well, considering I have two crazy dogs, a wonderful but workaholic fiance and about 900 things going on at once, finding that place seemed out of reach for me. Enter: Simple Habit. I started using the app as I was driving, when I was on the plane, while I was drinking my morning tea - and it changed everything. The app is easy to use and easy to customize based on how much time you have or what you're trying to accomplish in that moment. Ive found ease and enjoyment in meditation now and with Simple Habit I have no excuse not to do it no matter where I am!
4. Smoothie Supplement - If you have ever seen my IG stories or recipes you might notice Im constantly adding new & different products to my AM blend. Most recently Ive been crushing on The Beauty Chef Glow powder - a powerful blend of bio-fermented, gut healing ingredients to make you glow from the inside out. With ingredients such as lentils, chickpeas & mung beans, this powder is definitely remaining a staple in my smoothie pantry. My favorite recipe is:
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen peach
- 1-1.5 cup water or nut milk
- 1 serving of Beauty Chef GLOW powder
- 1/2 tsp lions mane
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tbsp manuka honey (another favorite)
5. Sipping On: JS Spring x Series - I always love a good juice but this season in particular I am loving our two seasonal flavors. Spring 1: lemon, lime, agave, and butterfly pea flower is the prettiest light purple that packs a serious antioxidant punch. Spring 2: watermelon x blood orange makes for a balanced flavor between tart and sweet and in my opinion is a wonderful mixer for tequila. (!!) Both are insanely refreshing, light, and really dial into the flavors of the season. Stay tuned for our Summer Series launching in June!
What are you currently crushing on this month?