Golden Turmeric Oats
Cold, rainy mornings call for some warm tea and in this case, piping hot gluten-free oats. We took ours to the next level using warming spices like turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and a superfood boost in the form of maca. Read on for this antioxidant packed, 10 minute breakfast. What You'll Need:
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Oats
- 2 cups purified water
- 1 tsp turmeric (powder)
- 1/2 tsp ginger (powder)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maca powder
- Optional: 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Toppings (optional): We love them all! A few of our favorites are: Cacao nibs, shredded coconut, pomegranate seeds, chia seeds, banana, or pear.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil (optional: 1/4 tsp sea salt)
- Add 1 cup of oats, reduce heat and let simmer until almost all the water is dissolved or absorbed by the oats (about 10 minutes)
- While there is still a small amount of unabsorbed water in the pot (about 7 minutes in) add cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, maca & vanilla. Stir and let cook for another 1-2 minutes or until desired consistency
- Remove from heat and transfer to bowl. Add preferred toppings!