Tips for a Speedy ACL Recovery
Austin City Limits is truly one of my favorite times of the year. The weekend is filled with great music, lots of friends, and incredible food from local Austin restaurants (uh win win win?). Juice Society even made an appearance, which topped off this craze-filled weekend. We had a lot of fun serving up some of our favorite sips all weekend long and are so thankful for everyone’s support and GOOD VIBES.
But with all the day drinking, ATX sun, and non-stop grooving, it can be taxing on our bodies and our immune system. I tend to feel sluggish, bloated, and in need of a whole body detox. The struggle is real!
Here are five of my favorite post-ACL recovery tips, which help kick me and my health back into tip-top shape:
1. Go on a Hike – Getting a breathe of fresh air is one of the best things to do during a detox. Spending time outdoors is good for cleaning out your lungs, strengthening your immune system, and improving overall energy and mood. Austin has some of the best hiking spots, such as River Place Nature Trail and Barton Creek Greenbelt. I love being able to spend some one-on-one time with Mother Nature and take a much-needed break from society.
2. Torii Restore Tonic - Torii Labs are herbal tonics that are essential to improving overall wellness. Each tonic is curated for different benefits, whether that be focus, hydration, or relaxation. The Torii Restore lab is a blend of fulvic acid, B vitamins: such as B3, B6, and B12, MCT oil, prickly pear, and holy basil. This tonic is key for replenishing the body from the inside out! It helps restore our bodies with essential nutrients and electrolytes as well as provide a natural and balanced energy release. A must-have to keep me going through the week. You can pick them up at the shop!
3. Hot Yoga – There are a ton of health benefits when it comes to practicing hot yoga. It is great for sweating out the toxins and engaging our lymphatic system. Try checking out our friends at PURE yoga and CorePower for fun and challenging classes. If yoga isn’t your thing, no worries! Infrared sauna therapy is an awesome way to relax, have a great detoxifying sweat, and relieve any sore muscles or joints. Infrared saunas can be found in multiple spas all over austin such as Austin Sauna Club and The Massage Studio.
4. Hydrating Face Mask – After spending endless hours in the sun, my skin always needs some extra TLC. I love Farmacy’s Hydrating Coconut Gel Mask and Origin’s Rose Hydrating Sheet Mask to help replenish my skin with tons of vitamins and minerals. These two masks are a great and natural way to quench your skin’s thirst (…literally.)
5. Juice Cleanse – Juice Cleanses are one of the best ways to replenish and restore our bodies with essential vitamins and minerals. They are beneficial for rehydrating, detoxing, and rebooting our bodies. And now that flu season is around the corner, it’s definitely a must-have for our immune systems. Learn more about Juice Society's cleanses here!